Accomodation Payment Calcualtor
Understanding the Refundable Accomodation Payment (RAD)
If you have been asked to make an accommodation payment by the Department of Human Services, you can choose to pay:
- a lump-sum refundable accommodation deposit (RAD)
- rental-style payments called a daily accommodation payment (DAP) or
- a combination of both.
Our calculator is designed to help you understand what your DAP will be.
1) Enter the advertised price of the room in the top field of the form.
2) Move the slider to reflect what amount of deposit you will pay.
3) Your daily accomodation payment (DAP) is reflected in the Your DAP field.
Please note, DAP is rounded to the nearest whole number.